The primary purpose of EAWS is to support its Members in preventing the loss of lives and damages due to avalanches by providing the society with efficient and effective avalanche forecasting and warning services.
EAWS StandardsAbout EAWS
- Developing standards, best practice guidelines and recommendations for avalanche warning services
- Exchanging expertise and promoting staff training
- Fostering cooperation between neighbouring services and promoting collaboration between Members
- Enhancing the communication and awareness about the avalanche danger to all the categories of users through avalanche bulletins, new forecasting products and common standards and terminology
- Liaising with other relevant organisations and engaging in strategic relationships and alliances with those that share the objectives of the EAWS
- Ensuring that all programs, services, and materials are based on current research and scientific evidence